Your NAD membership must be current to attend all events at the 54th Biennial NAD Conference. Join or renew today to avoid long lines! Non-Member Registration rates are available.
NAD Conference registration is free for NAD Members, if you are non-member, you are welcome but you will have to pay $40 registration fee and welcome to add on [email protected] and meals on additional charges. Individual items include:
- Workshops (July 4-7),
- [email protected]: Opening Ceremony (Tuesday, July 3), $40, Youth (Y3-17) FREE
- LGBT Luncheon (Wednesday, July 4), $45, Youth (Y3-17) $20*
- CoBo Preliminaries (Wednesday, July 4), $10, Youth (Y3-17) FREE
- [email protected]: PulseThat!, (Wednesday, July 4), $60, Youth (Y3-17) $10*
- Youth Luncheon (Thursday, July 5), $45, Youth (Y3-17) $20*
- [email protected]: CoBo Finals (Thursday, July 5), $60, Youth (Y3-17) FREE
- Senior Luncheon (Friday, July 6), $45, Youth (Y3-17) $20*
- [email protected]: Youth Ambassador Program Finals (Friday, July 6), $60, Youth (Y3-17) FREE
- OGG Breakfast (Saturday, July 7), $30, Youth (Y3-17) $20*
- CAD’s ASL Rocks (Saturday, July 7), $40, Youth (Y3-17) $10
- CEU credits (during NAD Conference), $100
*Note: [email protected]: PulseThat!, OGG Breakfast, and all luncheons must be purchased by May 31, 2018.
NAD offers Packages, which includes luncheons until May 31, 2018:
Before March 31
Before May 31
|[email protected] Adult (30-59)||$220||$260||$240||$280|
|[email protected] Youth (18-30)||$210||$235||$230||$255|
|NAD Kids Package(Y3-Y17) (Kids Camp is not included)||$10||N/A||$10||N/A|
|NAD Youth Package – Include Youth Luncheon (18-30)||$265||$290||$285||$310|
|NAD Senior Package – Include Senior Citizen Luncheon||$265||$290||$285||$310|
|NAD LGBT Package – Include LGBT Luncheon||$265||$305||$285||$325|
|Full Package – Include ALL Luncheon||$395||$435||$415||$455|
Note: Some individual events are available for purchase onsite. Packages and meal events are not available for purchase onsite
You must fill out one form per person:
- ADULT RATE — Current NAD member, ages 31 and above.
- YOUTH RATE – Current NAD member, ages 18-30 (ID showing proof of age required at the time of pick-up at the Conference)
- CHILDREN & TEENS (ages 3-17) – NAD Membership welcomed but not required.
- INFANTS (Age 0-2) – Free admission, no registration required.
Registration is required for all events, including the Exhibit Hall. Pre-Conference Registration CLOSES for all events on May 31, 2018. On-Site Registration for most events begin on Monday, July 2, 2018.
The registration refund schedule below is applicable in the event of cancellations, except for medical emergencies or death in family (written documentation is required):Postmark Deadline — Refund Amount
|Before March 31, 2018||75%|
|April 1-30, 2018||50%|
|May 1-31, 2018||25%|
|After May 31, 2018||0%|
Purchase Orders are accepted prior to May 31, 2018. Purchase Orders must be paid in full prior to July 1, 2018 in order for the registration to be valid. Purchase Orders will not be accepted on site.
Accommodation requests are due May 31, 2018. All presentations at the NAD Conference will be in American Sign Language (ASL). Seating at sessions is on a first-come, first-served basis with the exception of attendees that request special accommodations. Note: all NAD workshops, sessions, events, etc will be voice interpreted and CART/Captioned unless the presenter is not using ASL then we will have an ASL interpreter available next to the presenter.
- You must be registered to attend any NAD Conference events, except the Exhibit Hall (exhibits are open to the public).
- You must wear your badge for admittance to all Conference events (except exhibits) and have a sticker for the following events:
- [email protected]: Opening Ceremony (Optional)
- OGG Breakfast (Optional)
- College Bowl Prelims (Optional)
- LGBT Luncheon (Optional)
- [email protected]: pulseThat! (Optional)
- Youth Luncheon (Optional)
- [email protected]: College Bowl Finals (Optional)
- Senior Citizens Luncheon (Optional)
- [email protected]: YAP Finals (Optional)
- [email protected]: CAD’s ASL Rocks (Optional)
- Only Individual [email protected] events, CoBo Prelims, and CEU Registration will be sold during the conference week. Note: no packages, combo, or breakfast/luncheons will be sold.
- Lost Badge/Ticket — Registrants who lose their badge or ticket must pay the full replacement cost at their registration price(s). Each 2018 Conference Events Admission is a sticker on back of conference badge. We will not accept sticker without the badge as admission.
- Packages or individual items are non-transferrable.
To attend the NAD 54th Biennial Conference, adults 18 years and older must be a member of the National Association of the Deaf (NAD).The NAD reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or remove any person from NAD Conference at any time in its sole discretion, including but not limited to attendees behaving in a disorderly manner or failing to comply with these terms and conditions.
We value access and strive to make our meetings accessible and welcoming to all participants. The Connecticut Convention Center are committed to access; meeting rooms and other areas are set to maximize line of sight and provide access; and all of the presenters have been provided with guidance on making their presentations accessible. We also provide auxiliary aids and services to meet the individual needs of those attending the conference during the conference sessions. If you have a question about an auxiliary aid or service you requested on your registration, please visit the Registration Desk located on the first floor in the Connecticut Convention Center.
» Conference Conduct
- The NAD Conference is intended to be a safe, secure, and enjoyable place for all attendees and participants with the purpose of encouraging productive discussions, maintain full accessibility, and minimize disruptions that may arise from the expression of diverse views. All attendees and participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner, and to show respect to everyone at all times without any form of harassment.
- The NAD does not tolerate harassment of any kind including but not limited to: race, national origin, age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, religion, or political affiliation. The NAD reserves the right to expel any person who engages in violations of this conduct policy, and also reserves the right to ban such person from future NAD events. No refunds will be given to any person who has been expelled from the conference for violating this conduct policy.
- The NAD also requires all attendees and participants of the NAD Conference not to bring weapons of any kind into any part of the conference areas, including but not limited to: firearms, munitions, knives or any form of sharp metal item, tasers or any form of electrical shock equipment, nightsticks or batons or clubs, baseball bats, or any other item that are designed to cause harm. Possession of any such items will be cause for immediate removal from the premises as well as a ban from future NAD events.
- Anyone can report harassment, inappropriate conduct, or possession of weapons. If any person’s behavior has made you uncomfortable, or if you witness inappropriate conduct towards someone else, please immediately contact any staff or security affiliated with #NAD2018. You may also come to #NAD2018’s registration desk. If necessary, we will contact local law enforcement, provide escort, offer a safe place or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to make sure they feel safe for the rest of #NAD2018.
There are many people who experience unpleasant physical effects from scented products, such as perfumes and colognes. There is a growing number of people who suffer reactions to these and many other types of products and chemicals. This condition is known as multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS) and involves people who have developed an acute sensitivity to various chemicals in the environment. People with MCS experience a range of debilitating physical reactions, some even life-threatening, to chemicals used in a variety of products, including fragrances and personal care products, deodorizers and cleaners, pesticides, wall and floor coverings, and building materials. It’s a complex issue with a variety of triggering agents and physical reactions. Different people are affected by different products in different ways. The common factor is that the reaction, whatever the type, is very strong and disabling. The NAD requests that all participants refrain from wearing perfume, cologne and other fragrances, and use unscented personal care products in order to promote a fragrance-free environment.
Due to food allergy concerns, the NAD Conference is a peanut-free conference. The NAD requests that all participants avoid bringing in peanuts (in any form) throughout the Conference (this includes all events, workshops, Exhibit Hall, and luncheons).
Attendees 18 years of age or older will be required to present a passport or other government-issued photo identification before being admitted to the NAD Conference and obtaining a NAD Conference badge. You may only pick up badges with proper ID. No one will be allowed to pick up another person’s badge, except parents for their children under the age of 18. You must wear your NAD Conference badge at all times to receive admittance. Unless otherwise agreed by the NAD, the full conference fee will be charged to replace a lost badge. You agree not to share, transfer, give or otherwise provide your badge to anyone.
Solicitation or selling of items or services is not allowed at the NAD Conference, except in the Exhibit Hall at a designated booth. Attendees conducting these activities may be removed from the NAD Conference. Authorized exhibitors and conference participants are not to engage in unauthorized business promotions or solicitation at the NAD Conference outside the Exhibit Hall.
The National Association of the Deaf has developed a policy for all outside media teams (referred to ‘the media’ herein) that will be covering the biennial NAD Conference. Media access to the 54th Biennial NAD Conference 2018 is granted only to approved media teams. Media organizations seeking credentials to cover the NAD Conference must fill out the Media Policy and Agreement by May 31, 2018.
We ask that all of your materials be accessible, including captions for all videos. Your handouts/materials should have video/image description and transcript available upon requests. We ask that all handouts be available in accessible formats, such as large print and/or PDF that can be sent via email for those who use a screen-reader.
Exhibits will have a default set up with the table against the back wall to allow anyone to walk in your booth and start a conversation with you, we encourage you to keep this set up to be welcoming of anyone and everyone.
By attending the 2018 NAD Conference, you agree and understand that you are giving permission to the National Association of the Deaf (NAD) to obtain and use photography, audio and video recordings at the 2018 NAD Conference, without restriction or limitation for such use. You also agree and understand that you will not be compensated for the use of such photographs, or audio or video recordings. You further agree and understand that if you do not want to be photographed or recorded in audio or video, you will notify [email protected] prior to July 1, 2018.
The violation of any NAD Conference policies by any person, attendee, participant, exhibitor, sponsor, or guest, may constitute grounds for expulsion from the NAD Conference. Conference registration/exhibit booth payment will not be refunded.